About 2 and a half months ago, I started writing about the Internet safety as a part of Google’s Web Rangers contest organized in India and through it I have learnt that how important the security of this virtual world is; I saw & interviewed people, including my friends and many of them didn’t even knew the basics of the Internet and its safety; it was a whole new thing for them. This made me think and realize that the world I was living in; the people I was living with are utterly unaware of the virtual vices. Along with them, I have learned many other things also that I want to share with you today:
- Unawareness: As I said above, people are still unaware about the working and security of the web. Even after writing this many articles I still feel that my readers are unaware of some topics, that I have decided to surely cover in the future. Until then, make sure you follow my tips and don’t let any crappy hacker attack you.
- Carelessness: Whenever I question people about Internet safety, one of their popular answer is “Does it matter?” and eventually, my answer is Yes, but they just don’t care about it. And this careless attitude is the major cause of the increasing cases of cyber crimes.
- Women does have an Impact: Just like the real world, women have a great impact on the working of our virtual world. They are not minority or majority here, but they are the most popular target in cyber crimes. That will be so shameful for Tech geeks like me if we were unable to protect at least our friend girls, sister or girlfriends even in this small, but powerful world. But I have also realized that we are somehow unable to make any change unless a woman herself works in her uplifting; her self-education & awareness.
- Some people can’t make passwords: Sound hilarious, but maybe even your password isn’t that secure. As we know, a password is a common 8 to 12 characters code that we use every day, but there are some specified rules that you need to follow for making it secure.
- Cyber-Bullying is more active: Even today, Cyber-bullying is active but ignored topic that take place every day somewhere and people are unable to take action due to fear and sometimes even by their choice.
- Fake accounts can be harmful: They may seem harmless; people create them to irritate someone or just for random dating purpose, but if we look at its effect, we will found it as a very dangerous activity.
- Our actions affect others: We don’t think that our words affect. (It was just a small comment, we think.) But in real, they do! And due to this; due to us, many beautiful souls die. This fact is sad but is still true and we should definitely take action about it!
I am sorry, but this article is as long as the last one. So, for you entertainment here is the launch video of Google’s Project Panda. That think is so adorable & cute that even after its soft toy look, you will spend more time with it than your kids. Enjoy it and/or continue reading. 🙂
I hope you enjoy that video and coming back to topic, the things that I have learned from the Immune Web is limitless, but these were the basics of what I have learned by researching the web security. While the research, I also met & interviewed some people and I am very sorry not for sharing them all here, but today I have an interview session that I did with my friend and I want to share with you.
Before You read further, The Guy (He wants to remain Anonymous) is a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson and is deeply interested in science. He insisted me to interview him too and together with his some logical & some illogical answers, I got a collection of ideas and views that I can use in future for making your virtual home safer.
- Q. Do you feel safe while using the Web? And also, do you think internet is safe for your girlfriend?
Maybe, I am somewhat same on the web, but for her my answer is No! The major reason behind this answer is that there are very cheap boys in surroundings of the girl. All those unknown people on internet are the main cause, those who use it just to flirt & irritate others. They just look at a beautiful girl’s pic and start sending bad messages to her.
- Q. Can we make it better?
Maybe, yes, but I am not sure about that. Some basic precautions can be taken like girls should not accept the friend request of people who are unknown to her and if they message they should not reply, She must known the surrounding of her area and her profile must be within her friends not so in the public.
Reply: Bro, your first answer looked quite true to me. But the second one, I am utterly against it! Can’t we make this world safe enough that someone can do what she want? Why do the girls have to always follow some guidelines? Why can’t we make those cheap people who are a blemish on the name of all men realize their mistakes? Some common precautions are acceptable, but limiting someone to an area, just because the world is full of jerks; this in unacceptable; utterly annul!
- Q. What are your views about privacy?
Privacy doesn’t matter friends, but it does in the public. It’s on someone’s thinking if he/she likes to share his/her privacy with anyone.
- Q. What does a safe internet looks like to you?
The security must be the first thing in the list of developments. I want the internet to be developed like if someone sends me a bad photo, he must be spam within no time. And coming to government, it can only employ some smart tech guys like you that can web secure, at least in their area.
Reply: Your answer is quite interesting, I mean if there is an Immune Web in every locality where people come and discuss the internet and its security flaws than there will be no need of antiviruses, security specialists, and girls’ worries. But until that day, I am here with my Immune Web to inspire people like you to learn and work for their self-security.
Did you enjoy this interview session? You can be a part of it too. I will be discussing with people about web security nowadays, you can mail me, message me on facebook or drop a message in the confession box if you are in any way interested in becoming a part of it.
Thank you for Reading!